Thursday, July 26, 2012

Exotic Butterfly






























There wings are stretched wide,
fluttering around the flower,
A Butterfly gently lands on a leaf,
They possess a certain power.

Orange, gold, and some are yellow,
Some fly slow and some rather fast,
Always they put on a show of color
that makes this warm feeling last!

They take flight and move with such grace,
It's fascinating to see how they land,
I enjoy watching one blend in,
As it sometimes greets my hand.

Some of them will fly in pairs,
while others remain alone,
There are some that appear quite small,
And yet there are some that seem full grown!

I have been told that they don't live long,
Most only live several days,
It is such a wonder of nature,
As I watch as a new one stays.

They love to grace our gardens,
We love to watch them go by,
I am so lucky to have them around me,
As they are flying low and high!

There goes another one,
It stopped to delight me again,
Always lifting my spirits,

No comments:

Post a Comment